- WORKSHOP PROPOSAL LIMIT: Only one workshop proposal may be submitted by each first author (who will be the Coordinator).
- CHARACTER LIMIT: There is a limit of 2500 characters for the abstract (text) of your submission. The text includes the Overview of the workshop and a Description consisting of the rationale for the discussion/interaction format. This count does not include the workshop title or the authors (participants) and institutions. You will be advised of your character count usage throughout the submission process as you save and move to the next step.
- TITLE: The title must be brief and indicate clearly the nature of the workshop. The title should be entered in mixed case. Do not put your title in quotation marks. Do not use formatting tags in the title (with the possible exception of the lowercase tag).
- ABSTRACT BODY: The text of the proposal should be organized as follows: Overview – the goals of the workshop and Description – the rationale for the discussion/interaction format.
- SPECIAL CHARACTERS and FORMATTING: If you copy and paste the title and/or body of your submission from your word processor, special characters should transfer, but formatting will not transfer. You can insert special characters and/or formatting tags using the Special Characters Palette. To access the palette, click on the “Special Characters” button located on the Title/Body page.
- DISCLOSURES: You will be asked to complete specific disclosures in order to finalize your submission.
- PRESENTATION TYPE AND CATEGORY: You will be asked to select the appropriate presentation type for your submission. Some submission types will have only one selection from which to choose. Select the appropriate category using the drop-down menu provided.
- INSTITUTIONS/AFFILIATIONS: You will be asked to enter all the institutional affiliations for your authors (participants) prior to adding the authors. You do not need to enter institutions in a particular order to be able to designate author affiliations. After entering all affiliations, you will proceed to the next step of adding authors (participants) and then associating them with the already entered affiliations.
- AUTHORS: Please enter all authors (participants) in the order they should appear in the heading of the workshop. The name of the Contact Author (Coordinator) will appear in the first author position. You are not required to provide contact information on co-authors.
- KEYWORDS: Up to 5 keywords may be selected. You are required to select at least 3 keywords.
- TABLES You may add 1 table to your submission. Tables will appear at the end of your abstract, both on the proof and for publication. Tables cannot be placed within the text of the submission. Each row of the table counts as 50 characters.
- PROOF: Carefully check the proof of your submission. Make sure all special characters and formatting are displaying properly in your proof. If you find errors, return to the appropriate page by clicking on the page name in the left-hand menu to make your corrections.
- COMPLETING YOUR SUBMISSION: If you have not completed all required sections and details you will not be able to submit. When all required information is entered, the “Submit” button will appear at the bottom “Proof and Submit” page.
- NOTIFICATIONS: Notifications will be emailed in November. If you do not receive your notification by November 30, 2014, please contact the Congress administrator, Noelle at firstname.lastname@example.org..
- SUBMISSION OR MEETING QUESTIONS: If you have questions regarding the submission criteria or questions about the meeting, please contact the Congress administrator, Noelle at email@example.com..
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT: If you have any difficulty with the submission process that you cannot resolve yourself, please e-mail ScholarOne Technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1 (434) 964-4100. ScholarOne technical support is availible M-F from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm ET. The e-mail address and phone number are also available from anywhere on the site by clicking on the “Get Help Now” link located in the upper right-hand corner of each page.