- OVERVIEW LIMIT: Only one overview may be submitted by each first author (who will also be the Chair). If you wish to submit a symposium overview, the limit is one.
- CHARACTER LIMIT: There is a limit of 2500 characters, including spaces, for the text of your submission. The overview text should contain a complete list of participants with talk titles and an abstract for the Symposium overall. This count does not include the overview title. You will be advised of your character count usage throughout the submission process as you save and move to the next step.
- TITLE: The title must be brief and indicate clearly the nature of the proposal. The title should be entered in mixed case. Do not put your title in quotation marks. Do not use formatting tags in the title (with the possible exception of the lowercase tag).
- OVERVIEW BODY: The overview should be organized as follows: (a) complete list of participants with talk titles and (b) an abstract for the Symposium overall. It is not satisfactory to state “The results will be discussed…” or “Other data will be presented.” Do not use subtitles, e.g., methods, results, etc. within the body of the abstract. Failure to follow this format may result in disqualification of your abstract.
Nonproprietary (generic) names should be given the first time a drug is mentioned in the body of the abstract and should be written in lowercase letters, e.g., acetaminophen. The first letter of a proprietary name is always capitalized, e.g., Tylenol.
Mention support of work by a research grant at the end of the abstract body.
- SPECIAL CHARACTERS and FORMATTING: If you copy and paste the title and/or body of your submission from your word processor, special characters should transfer, but formatting will not transfer. You can insert special characters and/or formatting tags using the Special Characters Palette. To access the palette, click on the “Special Characters” button located on the Title/Body page.
- DISCLOSURES: You will be asked to complete specific disclosures in order to finalize your submission.
- PRESENTATION TYPE AND CATEGORY: You will be asked to select the appropriate presentation type for your submission. Some submission types will have only one selection from which to choose. Select the appropriate category using the drop-down menu provided.
- AUTHORS: The name of the Chair (Contact Author) will appear in the first author position. You are not required to provide contact information on co-authors. The Chair will be the Presenting Author.
- KEYWORDS: Up to 5 keywords may be selected. You are required to select at least 3 keywords.
- TABLES You may add 1 table to your submission. Tables will appear at the end of your abstract, both on the proof and for publication. Tables cannot be placed within the text of the submission. Each row of the table counts as 50 characters.
- OVERVIEW PROOF: Carefully check the proof of your overview. Make sure all special characters and formatting are displaying properly in your proof. If you find errors, return to the appropriate page by clicking on the page name in the left-hand menu to make your corrections.
- COMPLETING YOUR SUBMISSION: If you have not completed all required sections and details you will not be able to submit. When all required information is entered, the “Submit” button will appear at the bottom “Proof and Submit” page.
- NOTIFICATIONS: Notifications will be emailed in November. If you do not receive your notification by November 30, 2014, please contact the Congress administrator, Noelle at email@example.com..
- SUBMISSION OR MEETING QUESTIONS: If you have questions regarding the submission criteria or questions about the meeting, please contact the Congress administrator, Noelle at firstname.lastname@example.org..
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT: If you have any difficulty with the submission process that you cannot resolve yourself, please e-mail ScholarOne Technical support at email@example.com or call 1 (434) 964-4100. ScholarOne technical support is availible M-F from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm ET. The e-mail address and phone number are also available from anywhere on the site by clicking on the “Get Help Now” link located in the upper right-hand corner of each page.