SYMPOSIUM submissions should be focused on a single topic of schizophrenia research that is prominent, competitive, and relevant. All presentations should be data-based and scientifically excellent. Each individual Symposium presentation should form a whole which is much more that the mere combination of the individual data presentations. Priority will be given to scientific excellence, topic timeliness, breadth of coverage, and importance to schizophrenia research. Each Symposium is scheduled for two hours and should have four speakers with a Chair. The Program Committee will review and select Symposia for presentation in the morning sessions. Since only 24 sessions are available, competition will be brisk.
The Symposium Chair Overview must be submitted prior to Symposium Speaker Abstract submissions.
- Symposium Chair Overview should contain a complete list of participants with talk titles and an abstract for the Symposium overall (see Symposium Chair Overview Submission formatting).
- Each Speaker, invited by the Chair, within the proposed Symposium will submit an abstract (see Symposium Speaker Submission formatting).
- A Symposium Speaker may submit an abstract in multiple Symposium proposals, with a limit of 2 actual presentations. If a particular Speaker is a participant in more than 2 selected Symposia, the Speaker will be asked to choose which 2 presentations and the Chair of the remaining Symposium will be asked to find an alternate Speaker.
- A particular abstract may not be presented more than once, even across presentation types; e.g. Oral/Poster and Symposium.
- Abstracts should consist of new data; not be previously presented data, whether at this meeting or another. (A reanalysis of an already-presented study or of a new aspect of the study is acceptable. For example, the presentation of the secondary outcome measures or the metabolic data is considered well within the concept of a new presentation.)
- During online submission, each Symposium Speaker abstract first author will be able to select if the abstract should be considered for poster presentation or discarded if the Symposium as a whole is not selected.
Click on the Submit Abstract button below to be directed to ICOSR Abstract Central.
Applications will be accepted 8.00a EST Friday 8 August 2014 through 5.00p EST Monday 22 September 2014
Please direct any technical submission questions to AbstractCentral Tech Support 434.817.2040 ext. 406