The 14th International Congress on Schizophrenia Research will be held exclusively at the JW Marriott Grande Lakes, Orlando, Florida, USA from Sunday 21 through Thursday 25 April 2013. Satellite Meetings will be held Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 April 2013.
- When is the deadline to submit my abstract?12 September 2012. All abstracts must be submitted online.
- If I am an industry employee, can I submit/present to the Congress, which is a CME certified activity?Yes. Please see the ACCME Release regarding Additional Guidance on Role of Commercial Interest Employees in CME.
- How many words can my abstract be?Formatting instructions for each type of abstract submission may be found within the online submission system. Click on “Submit Abstract” at the bottom of the page, create a login, and select the type of abstract you wish to submit (role) to see the formatting guidelines for that particular type of abstract.
- What if I can't find the Symposium that my abstract is a part of in the online submission?In order to submit a Symposium abstract, a Symposium proposal Overview must first be submitted by the Chair. The Chair should create an account and select Symposium Overview Submission in Step 4: Role Request. If the Chair has already created an account, the role request may be added by selecting Modify Your Account in the left menu after logging in. There is no charge for the Overview submission; after it is submitted, it will be visible in the list for the Symposium Abstract speakers to select while submitting each of their abstracts.
- In a Symposium, can I be first author/speaker for more than one abstract?No. Any presenter is limited to one presentation per symposium and only two presentations within the whole symposium schedule.
- Can I be first author/speaker in more that one Symposium proposal?Yes. A first author/speaker may submit one abstract per Symposium proposal in an unlimited number of Symposium proposals, but the first author/speaker is limited to only two presentations within the whole symposium schedule.
- Can I be the first author/presenter on more than one Oral/Poster abstract submission?No. A presenter may only have one first author submission to the Oral/Poster sessions.
- Can I be a first author/speaker in a Symposium and submit an Oral/Poster session abstract as first author/presenter?Yes. A first author may submit across the session types.
- As the Chair of a Symposium proposal, my Overview is in. When do the individual Speakers in my proposal submit their abstracts?Both the Symposium Overview and each individual Symposium abstract are expected by the deadline of Wednesday 12 September 2012. All abstracts and the Overview will be grouped for the review committee to make their selections based on the symposium as a whole.
- How should I insert my references in the online submission?Place references at the end of the abstract body in the Conclusion section after the text.
- Do all authors have to include Disclosure Information?No. Disclosure information is only required for the first author since the first author is the contact and presenter.
- When will I know if and how my abstract has been accepted for presentation.Notifications should be made in November regarding acceptance of all types of submissions, including notification to Young Investigator Travel Award applicants.
- When will I know if I was selected to receive a Young Investigator Travel Award?Notifications should be made in November 2012.
- It won't let me make payment because it asks for a U.S. State. What do I do?Select your country and it should format the fields correctly.
- I am having technical difficulties with submitting my abstract(s). Whom do I contact?Please contact ScholarOne Technical Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (434) 964-4100.
- How can I get my payment receipt for submission of my abstract?Login to your account. Click on Submission (at the top), select the role (if applicable), Click View Submissions (left margin), click View Proof (to right of abstract).
Registration and Housing
- I am a post-doctoral fellow. Can I register at the Student Rate?No. The Student Rate requires a letter verifying full-time student status.
- I am a presenter; do I have to register?The Congress is participant driven, with just over 95% or our attendees presenting in one format or another within the meeting. We strive to keep our Registration fees at the lowest possible rate to cover the costs associated with the meeting as we are a not-for-profit organization. Registration includes admittance into all scientific sessions, breakfast, and lunch each day.
- Is travel and/or conference registration support available for symposium speakers?ALL attendees and presenters must register for the Congress
- How do I find an answer to a question about the Cognition Satellite Meeting that is not addressed on this website?Submit questions by Email here.
- What about the Prodromal Satellite Meeting?Submit questions by Email here.
- Should I attend the Family Forum?The Family Forum is generally targeted for consumers, relatives, and the general interested public to attend a very special symposium focusing on life involving schizophrenia.